Practice Focus.Shawn Keefe focuses his practice in the areas of real estate law, representing clients ranging from owners of single family homes to large commercial owners and developers, estate planning and administration, and business law.
Representation of Clients with matters before:
- Probate and Family Court Department of the Trial Court of Massachusetts;
- Waltham City Council;
- Waltham Zoning Board of Appeals;
- Waltham Conservation Commission;
- Waltham License Commission;
- Waltham Historical Commission.
A sampling of representation includes:
- Estate Planning and Administration:
- Draft Estate Planning documents including but not limited to Wills and Trusts.
- Assist clients with fulfilling fiduciary obligations as Estate representative and achieving the objectives of the Estate Plan after passing of a loved one.
- Represented Personal Representative of Estate in proceeding to waive appointment of Guardian Ad Litem for minor devisee under the Will, saving Estate resources and expediting administration.
- Business Law:
- Representation of individuals in complex sales of membership interest in closely held corporations and limited liability companies.
- Assist clients in the formation of Massachusetts corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, etc. including but not limited to Operating Agreements / Corporate By-Lawn and by drafting and filing required documents with the Commonwealth of MA Secretary of State.
- Massachusetts – 2012.
Shawn Keefe is a lifelong Waltham resident and has participated in numerous local charitable organizations and professional associations, including:
- The Keefe Fund in Memory of Kevin J. Keefe
- Kevin Keefe Memorial Scholarship – Waltham High School Senior Athlete, Waltham High School Senior Class Scholarship and Awards Night.
- Charitable fundraising and contributions towards the fight against ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease).
- Waltham Youth Hockey.
- Lady Hawks Soccer Camp.
- West Suburban Bar Association.
- REBA – Real Estate Bar Association of MA
- Young Lawyers Section.
- Estate Planning, Trusts, and Estate Administration Section.
- Land Use and Zoning Section.
- Massachusetts Bar Association.
- American Bar Association.